Hobart Grand Rapids is looking for Qualified Service Technicians, please attach your resume to the contact form below.
Service Technician Job Description:
This is a territory based position that will report directly to the Service Manager. The purpose of this position is to work out the best solutions for the repair of commercial food equipment, communicate this solution to the customer, and effectively complete the repair.
- Maintain a high level of customer service
- Adjusting, aligning, assembling, calibrating, inspecting, lubrication, repair, and testing of commercial food equipment
- Troubleshoot electrical and mechanical problems in the field
- Achieve or surpass monthly productivity goals
- Maintain vehicle inventory and appearance
- Explain our service products effectively to the customer
- Keep knowledge up to date with company schools or digital training
Skills and Qualifications:
- Two years’ experience in troubleshooting and field servicing HVAC, electrical, and mechanical equipment
- High School diploma
- Must be able to read and understand schematics
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Prior experience successfully interacting with customers
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable driving record
- Possess practical computer experience
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs waist high, and withstand kneeling, stooping, squatting, and some ladder work (6 feet off the ground)
- Available to work mandatory overtime and on-call schedule
Hobart Company Overview:
- We are a small, family run business that employs 23 people. Our company sells and services commercial food equipment, sales were over $11M for 2013. Our sales territory covers 11 states in the Midwest while our service business is local to West Michigan. Our goal is to become a single source for all the equipment needs in grocery, C-stores, bakeries, and delis.
What We Expect From You:
- To be results driven
- To strengthen our TEAM culture, rather than working as an “I”
What You Can Expect From Us:
- An environment free of bureaucracy
- A culture that encourages candid, open communication, up, down and across.
Type of Employment:
- This is a full time, hourly position. We offer health insurance, a 401k program with company match, short and long term disability insurance, a company contribution into an HSA/Flexible health spending account, as well as numerous opportunities for productivity based bonuses.